KIPP FORWARD STANDS WITH DREAMERS
The 2021-2022 California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is now open! Fill out the CADAA by March 2nd to be considered to receive financial aid for the 2021-2022 academic year. What you’ll need to fill it out.
- Parent(s) 2019 federal tax information – attached Schedule 1, child support docs, and W2 forms
- Your 2019 federal tax information & W2 forms if applicable
- Your FSA ID
- Parent FSA ID
- Seek an organization in your area, using the Immigration Law Help search engine, to find out about the types of legal assistance offered near you.
- Know Your Rights by Informed Immigrant
- Understanding what your fundamental rights are and how to use them will help you advocate for yourself and respond appropriately if you encounter the police or immigration enforcement.
- Red Card: Know Your Rights by Marin Equity Coalition and ILRC.
- The Immigrants Rising’s Immigration Legal Intake Service is an online survey to help undocumented young people learn about possible immigration options.
Mental Health Resources
- Join Immigrants Rising Wellness Gatherings for Undocumented Young People on Wednesdays 5-6PM PST to stay grounded and connected during these hard and isolating times!
- Check out the Mental Health Coping Guide by Sofia Mendez, LCSW Mending Roots Therapy!
- Learn strategies on how to care for your body, cope with your thoughts and more!
- Read these Coping with Immigration Cards by Informed Immigrants.
- In light of this difficult time, Germán Cadenas, Ph.D., put together a list of strategies to cope with immigration-related stress. This resource includes reflective exercises such as listing your personal strengths and finding a community of support
- Check out the American Psychologist Association (APA) wellness and resource compilation for immigrants!